Current: Lecturer in Applied Optics in the School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK.
- 2016-2017: University of Kent, Canterbury, Researcher Co-investigator on the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council grant REBOT, Robotic Endobronchial Optical Tomography.
- 2015-2016/University of Kent/Canterbury/Researcher Co-investigator on the Imperial College of Science Medicine and Technology grant “Assemble parts for an OCT system at 1300 nm for the Hamlyn Robotic Centre”.
- 2010-2015/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate, in School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent on the European Research Council (ERC) grant “Combined time domain and spectral domain coherence gating for imaging and biosensing”.
- 2009-2010/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate, on the EPSRC grant, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council grant, “Novel method for optical coherence tomography and multiplexed sensing.”
- 2006-2009/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate on the BBSRC – Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council grant “Optical Coherence Tomography for Embryology,” grant in the University of Kent, United Kingdom.
- 2003-2006/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate on the EPSRC – Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council grant, “Adaptive optics assisted optical coherence tomography for the retina,” grant in the University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom.
- 1998-2002/Alexandru Ioan Cuza University/Iasi/Assistant Professor in the Department of Optics and Spectroscopy, Faculty of Physics, “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iasi, Romania.
Competence and Expertise
- Spectroscopic techniques and numerical simulations applied to biological media, optical phantoms preparation and handling.
- Optical Coherence Tomography techniques for retinal imaging and Adaptive Optics techniques for retinal imaging.
- Data handling, acquisition, analysis and interpretation, training and formation, scientific communications.
- Applied Optics Group, School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom on Optical Coherence Tomography and Adaptive Optics at Kent University, United Kingdom (2003-present)
- Spectroscopy of the biological media (development, measurements, interpretation) at “Laboratoire de Spectrometrie Physique”, “Joseph Fourier” University, and at the “Functional & Metabolic Neuroimaging” Center Inserm/UJF 594, “La Tronche” Universitary Hospital, Grenoble, France (1999-2002)</li>
- Spectroscopy of the turbid media (development, measurements, interpretation), at Physics Faculty, “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iaşi, Romania, (1999-2002)
- University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom: Lasers (module PH604), Polarisation (module PH604), Fibre Optics (module PH604); leading various workshops: Waves & Vibrations, Matter (PH025 and PH026 modules), Electric Circuits (PH301 module), Optics (PH504 module), Biomedical Optics (PH513 module), etc (2003-2005)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Iasi, Romania: Biological Media Spectroscopy (Master, 1st year in Optics, undergraduates, 3rd year in Biophysics), Fourier Optics (Master, 1st year in Optics), Fundamental of Physics (undergraduate foreign students in medicine); leading laboratories and workshops on Optics (undergraduates 2nd and 3rd year in Physics, 3rd year in Chemistry), Lasers, Numerical Methods Applied in Physics (Master, 1st year in Optics)
- Programming Languages: C/C++, Pascal, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Unix Shells and various versions
- Data and Image Handling & Processing: Labview, Matlab, Octave, Scilab, Origin
- Operation Systems: Mac OS, Linux, Windows
- Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, PHP, LaTeX, TeX; Databases: MYSQL
- Optical Design: Zemax, Oslo
- Post-Doc in School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom, “Adaptive optics assisted optical coherence tomography for the retina”, (August 2003 – July 2006)
- PhD at Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble, France: “Optical methods of biological tissues exploration. Cerebral tissue spectroscopy using small optical fiber probes and Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging” – in French (October 2004)
- MSc at the National Polytechnic Institute (Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Electronique et Radioelectricite) in Optics, Optoelectronics and Microwaves, Grenoble, France (July 1998)
- Physicist (optics and spectroscopy), University of Alexandru Ioan Cuza, Iasi, Romania, (1992-1997)