Our website, www.bradu.eu, is supposed to be a little slice of who we are, where we have been, and where of course, we are headed.
This site exists because we are not in the place we would like to be. Thanks to it we can share our world.
Please feel free to poke around the website while you are here, read our thoughts, have a look at some tons of photos and videos of our family, or try to understand my research papers. If there is something that makes your brain warmer, inspires you, helps you, or just annoys you, please feel free to let us know about it. And if you poked around our site because you did not have anything better to do, then it is time to turn off your computer and confront the real world.
Competence and Expertise
- Spectroscopic techniques and numerical simulations applied to biological media, optical phantoms preparation and handling;
- Optical Coherence Tomography techniques for retinal imaging and Adaptive Optics techniques for retinal imaging;
- Data handling: acquisition, analysis and interpretation, training and formation, scientific communications.
- Applied Optics Group, School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom on Optical Coherence Tomography and Adaptive Optics at Kent University, United Kingdom (2003-present);
- Spectroscopy of the biological media (development, measurements, interpretation) at “Laboratoire de Spectrometrie Physique”, “Joseph Fourier” University, and at the “Functional & Metabolic Neuroimaging” Center Inserm/UJF 594, “La Tronche” Universitary Hospital, Grenoble, France (1999-2002);
- Spectroscopy of the turbid media (development, measurements, interpretation), at Physics Faculty, “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iaşi, Romania, (1999-2002);
- University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom: Lasers (module PH604), Polarisation (module PH604), Fibre Optics (module PH604); leading various workshops: Waves & Vibrations, Matter (PH025 and PH026 modules), Electric Circuits (PH301 module), Optics (PH504 module), Biomedical Optics (PH513 module), etc (2003-2005);
- “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iasi, Romania: Biological Media Spectroscopy (Master, 1st year in Optics, undergraduates, 3rd year in Biophysics), Fourier Optics (Master, 1st year in Optics), Fundamental of Physics (undergraduate foreign students in medicine); leading laboratories and workshops on Optics (undergraduates 2nd and 3rd year in Physics, 3rd year in Chemistry), Lasers, Numerical Methods Applied in Physics (Master, 1st year in Optics)
- Programming Languages: C/C++, Pascal, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Unix Shells and various versions;
- Data and Image Handling & Processing: Labview, Matlab, Octave, Scilab, Origin;
- Operation Systems: Mac OS, Linux, Windows;
- Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, PHP, LaTeX, TeX; Databases: MYSQL;
- Optical Design: Zemax, Oslo;
- Post-Doc in School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom, “Adaptive optics assisted optical coherence tomography for the retina”, (August 2003 – July 2006);
- PhD at “Joseph Fourier” University, Grenoble, France: “Optical methods of biological tissues exploration. Cerebral tissue spectroscopy using small optical fiber probes and Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging” – in French (October 2004);
- MSc at the National Polytechnic Institute (Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Electronique et Radioelectricite) in Optics, Optoelectronics and Microwaves, Grenoble, France (July 1998);
- MSc at “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University (Physics Faculty), Iasi, Romania, in Optics and Spectroscopy (July 1999);
- Physicist (optics and spectroscopy), University of Alexandru Ioan Cuza, Iasi, Romania, (1992-1997).