Current: Lecturer in Applied Optics in the School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent, Canterbury
- 2016-2017/University of Kent/Canterbury/Researcher Co-investigator on the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council grant REBOT: Robotic Endobronchial Optical Tomography”.
- 2015-2016/University of Kent/Canterbury/Researcher Co-investigator on the Imperial College of Science Medicine and Technology grant “Assemble parts for an OCT system at 1300 nm for the Hamlyn Robotic Centre”.
- 2010-2015/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate, in School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent on the European Research Council (ERC) grant “Combined time domain and spectral domain coherence gating for imaging and biosensing”.
- 2009-2010/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate, on the EPSRC grant – Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council grant, “Novel method for optical coherence tomography and multiplexed sensing.”
- 2006-2009/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate on the BBSRC – Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council grant “Optical Coherence Tomography for Embryology,” grant in the University of Kent, United Kingdom.
- 2003-2006/University of Kent/Canterbury/Research Associate on the EPSRC – Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council grant, “Adaptive optics assisted optical coherence tomography for the retina,” grant in the University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom.
- 1998-2002/Alexandru Ioan Cuza University/Iasi/Assistant Professor in the Department of Optics and Spectroscopy, Faculty of Physics, “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iasi, Romania.
- Joseph-Fourier University/Grenoble, PhD in the group of Prof. Jacques Derouard, viva 2004. Thesis title, “Optical methods used to investigate biological tissues. Cerebral tissue spectroscopy using small optical fibre probes and optical coherence tomography imaging”.
- National Polytechnic Institute/Grenoble, Msc in Optics, Optoelectronics and Microwaves at Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Electronique et Radioelectricite, Grenoble, France, viva 1998 Thesis title: “Spectrophotometry of the turbid media using optical fibre probes”.
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Bsc in Physics, Specialisation Optics and Spectroscopy (1997).
- 2002/University of Kent/Canterbury, PG Marie-Curie visitor. Training on optical devices, configurations and techniques applied in biomedical optics, sponsored by the European Commission (10 months).
- 2001/Joseph Fourier University/Grenoble, Visiting researcher. Training on spectroscopy of turbid media, in the “Spectrométrie Physique” Laboratory, sponsored by a World Bank grant (4 months).
- 1999/La Tronche University Hospital/Grenoble, Visiting researcher. Socrates-Erasmus grant awarded for training on spectroscopy of biological media, in the “Functional and Metabolic Neuroimaging” Center Inserm/UJF 594 and “Spectrométrie Physique” Laboratory, sponsored by a World Bank grant (7 months).
- 1997/National Polytechnic Institute/Grenoble, Visiting PG student. Tempus grant awarded to follow a Master program on “Optics and Optoelectronics” in the Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Electronique et Radioélectricité (1 year).